Search Results

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Denver Zoo, part 2

This is part 2 of my Denver Zoo post. I thought this creature is interesting. It is called Slate-Pencil Urchin. If you are interested in learning more about it, you can check out the wikipedia link here. It has a lot of biology jargon (is it latin?) that went over my head. For me, I photograph it because it looked awesome, :).

I never would have thought there would be a baking reference at the zoo. This pretty starfish is called Chocolate Chip Starfish.



Bubble Sea Anemos. Can you spot Nemo and Dora in the picture?
Bactrian Camel from Central Asia. Unlike the ones we see in movies, these camels have two humps and lived in cold climate.


Mongolian Wild Horse.


Black Rhinoceros.


I've never seen Tapir before and had no idea they have such high pitch noise. They are in the same enclosed space as the hippo. I so wanted to take a picture of the hippo (it was hiding in the water), but I couldn't stay too long there because of the Tapir's voice.

I took half a dozen pictures of this gorilla, eating a bunch of celery. Here is my best shot and it totally looked like he was posing for it, doesn't it?


My favorite part of the whole visit: the feeding of the penguins. They are so cute. They all have names and know their names as they are being called by their keeper.

We ran into the peacock on our way out. It was just trodding along. So naturally I followed, snapping 20 pictures. I wish it had spanned its feathers.

This is my favorite shot.


I hope you enjoyed these photos from our Denver Zoo visit. We enjoyed our visit and will go back in the Spring/Summer time to visit the other animals we didn't get to see.

3 comments:

  1. The color in these is amazing. I love the fish swimming toward you!!!! Also, it's very strange about the Tapir's voice. So cute about the penguins knowing their names, too!

    In your last post, I wanted to squeeze the white wolf. In this one, I want to squeeze the pony!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn,
    Happy New Year to you! Looks like you are having fun at the zoo;)
    Love your peacock shot - such regal animals - beautiful!
    -Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures, Jenn. The color of the fish is so vibrant. I love visiting zoos :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments.