Search Results

Monday, September 19, 2011

Visiting Mount Evans - part one

We drove up to Mt. Evans last weekend. It took us a couple hours to get there from Denver and it was a really fun and scenic drive.

I learned a couple of things during this trip. First, Mt. Evans is one of the 53 Colorado 14er. At 14,265 feet, it is the highest paved auto road in North America. Second, nearby Mt. Evans lived the oldest single living organism known, up to 5,000 years. And it's a tree! A pine tree called Bristlecone Pines. They looked very different than any other pine trees I've seen. Gnarly and short and reminds me of trees in movies, when they come alive and try to grab you, :). Two movies came to mind: Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter.

Mt. Evans is also #1 on Trip Advisor's list of 112 Things to Do in Denver.
Mountains here we come!!!

We stopped a lot along the way for pictures. Here is where we stopped for our lunch break :).

First real stop is Echo Lake.

Imagine sitting on that bench every day instead of at the office. Hmm...

Here are the Bristlecone Pine that I was talking about earlier. Don't they look gnarly?

Stay tuned for part two tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, just beautiful. I love that one shot with the reflection of the trees in the water.
    I hope you had a nice road trip this weekend too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jenn, you've got mad photography skills! my favorites are the berries and the shot framed by the birch trees. looking forward to part two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hanaa, the Echo Lake shot with the trees reflection is one of my favorite photos.

    ECL, the berries looks so good, don't they? I don't know what they are (maybe poisonous?). Part two will launch soon, :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the photos. North America is almost too beautiful. It just hollers love me out loud(or maybe its your fantastic photography skills). Either way, I'll click through to Part two right now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments.